By “Personal Data” we mean in accordance with the GDPR any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. This is broader than just information of a personal or private nature, and also includes information such as your name, date of birth, and email address.
Responsibility for data processing and in connection with this Data Protection Statement is with Tom Oliver Group DMCC.
Tom Oliver Group DMCC may, in its discretion, amend this privacy statement from time to time.
Tom Oliver Group DMCC does not take responsibility for the privacy practices of any third party sites to which we link. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any such sites before you submit information there.
WHY DOES TOM OLIVER GROUP DMCC COLLECT DATA:
Tom Oliver Group DMCC uses our website to present general information about our company and what we do and what services we provide to clients. There are other pages on specific topics or with specific functions. Details can be found in the contents section of each page.
ACCEPTANCE OF OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT:
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully. By browsing our website and expressly consenting where required (for instance, when submitting your application in case you apply for a career at our group), you agree to be bound by this Privacy Statement.
WHAT WE COLLECT:
What information do we collect:
Personal Data collected automatically: When you visit our websites, we record the following data:
- The IP address from which you visited our website
- The IP address from which you visited our website
- The date and time you visited our website, and for how long you stayed on our website
- Which browser you use
- Tom Oliver Group DMCC also collect personal data on certain areas of the Sites when you register for or apply for jobs with us or when you seek additional information regarding our services
- We also store your company information, e-mail address, telephone number and background information, etc you provide us in a “contact us” section or any other forms you fill in on our website
- Tom Oliver Group DMCC may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as LinkedIn or internet search including information you choose to make public through social media platforms and other public online forums.We may combine this data with existing information we have about you or use it independently, for the purposes of data analytics activities
- We also offer at times subscription of newsletters, surveys, offers or comparable marketing and information services; and if you ask for any such services we will send them to you via email
- The website from which you are accessing our website
- The server reply code on the request from your browser
- Other similar data and information, which serve to avert risks in the event of attacks on our information technology systems
- In addition, we sometimes aggregate demographic information and the types of systems and browsers of users. Tom Oliver Group DMCC also may conduct user surveys on the Web or use technologies to provide Tom Oliver Group DMCC with information on a number of areas, such as user identity, user viewing habits, whether or not users found what they were searching for, whether the Site content is relevant to user needs, and the like
This information is required:
- To properly deliver the contents of our websites;
- To keep our websites optimized at all times;
- To ensure the continued functioning of our information technology systems and the technology of our websites; and
- To provide law enforcement authorities with the necessary information for prosecution in the event of a cyberattack.
This data is statistically analyzed by Tom Oliver Group DMCC in order to increase data protection and data security in our company, so we can ensure the best possible level of protection for the Personal Data we process. These purposes state our legitimate interests for the temporary storage of data on the legal basis of Art. 6 para 1 lit.a) GDPR.
We also record and process Personal Data when you email someone at Tom Oliver Group DMCC. This concerns the contents of your emails as such, but also data obtained from queries to our email server, such as sender and addressee IDs, time stamp, errors or grounds for refusal if mail does not get through. The legal basis for such data processing is Art. 6 para 1 lit.a) GDPR.
When you provide your Personal Data, we will ask you to give your consent for processing that data. In that case, the legal basis for processing is Art. 6 para 1 lit.a) GDPR. You can withdraw your consent at any time with future effect, using mail or email using the contact details given at the end of this statement.
To whom and how we might share your information:
The third parties with whom we may need to share personal information to help us provide services and products to you and to run our Website include:If we are required to do so by law or legal process;
- To law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- If disclosure is necessary to protect the vital interests of a person;
- To protect our property, services and legal rights;
- To prevent fraud against Tom Oliver Group DMCC, our subsidiaries, affiliates and/or business partners;
- To support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions; or
- To comply with any and all applicable laws.
- In addition, we may disclose or transfer your personal data in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, or other transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our business.
We do not disclose, transfer, sell or otherwise market Personal Data to third parties, such as other companies or organizations, without your express consent, or as required to meet our contractual obligations between Tom Oliver Group DMCC and you, the website user, which make it necessary to transfer such data.
What are Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies?
A cookie is a small text file that can be stored on and accessed from your device when you visit one of our Sites, to the extent you agree. The other tracking technologies work similarly to cookies and place small data files on your devices or monitor your website activity to enable us to collect information about how you use our Sites. This allows our Sites to recognize your device from those of other users of the Sites.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can disable cookies anytime and hence object to the setting of cookies permanently. You can also delete cookies that have been accepted or have your browser notify you every time a cookie is set through the settings of your browser. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of these websites if you disable cookies entirely.
Depending on the Site, we may use the following types of cookies:
Session Cookies. We may use session Cookies. These are temporary and deleted from your machine when your web browser closes. We use session Cookies to help us track internet usage as described above
Most cookies we may use will be “session cookies”. These to enable your use of our websites and to remember your settings throughout your visit to avoid that you have to reenter your choices several times. Session cookies are deleted automatically at the end of your visit. The purposes stated above constitute our legitimate interests for processing of Personal Data using session cookies on the legal basis of Art. 6 para 1 lit.f) GDPR.
If you do not want Cookies to be dropped on your device, you can adjust the setting of your Internet browser to reject the setting of all or some Cookies and to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your device. For further information about how to do so, please refer to your browser ‘help’ / ‘tool’ or ‘edit’ section or see www.allaboutcookies.org . Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all Cookies (including strictly necessary Cookies) you may not be able to access or use all or parts or functionalities of our Sites.
If you want to remove previously-stored Cookies, you can manually delete the Cookies at any time. However, this will not prevent the Sites from placing further Cookies on your device unless and until you adjust your Internet browser setting as described above.
For more information on the development of user-profiles and the use of targeting/advertising Cookies, please see www.youronlinechoices.eu if you are located in Europe or www.aboutads.info/choices if in the United States.
How do we use personal information?
The purposes and uses of your personal information will depend on the use of the Site and the personal information provided. We process your personal information:
i) for the purposes of safeguarding the legitimate interests pursued by Tom Oliver Group DMCC. This includes:
- Informing you about updates to the service and notifying you about other products and services offered by Tom Oliver Group DMCC that may be of interest to you, including information regarding publications and events
- Tailoring your experience at the Site with relevant Tom Oliver Group DMCC materials
- Understanding the Site’s user population, identifying subject areas of interest, and determining whether the Site is designed to work with the computer settings of a majority of our visitors
- Measuring and improving the effectiveness of Tom Oliver Group DMCC marketing programs across different channels.
- Improving our web content and navigation.
(ii) on the basis of your consent. Insofar as you have granted us consent to the processing of personal information for specific purposes (for example, your application form for employment with Tom Oliver Group DMCC), the lawfulness of such processing is based on your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
(iii) for compliance with a legal obligation. This includes anti-fraud and anti-money laundering measures as well as tax and social security requirements.
We will not sell, share, or rent or otherwise make available your personal information to other parties, except that we may disclose the information to third parties who perform services on our behalf and have a need to access the information in connection with those services. Any third parties will only process this information to the extent to which and within the limits that Tom Oliver Group DMCC itself is permitted to process that data. In addition, Tom Oliver Group DMCC may disclose your contact information in response to inquiries by bona-fide rights owners in connection with allegations of infringement of copyright or other proprietary rights arising from information that you have posted on the Site or otherwise provided to Tom Oliver Group DMCC .
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Tom Oliver Group DMCC retains your personal information for so long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. We may retain your personal information for longer if they may be the subject of a legal claim, or may otherwise be relevant for future litigation.
SUBSCRIPTIONS, NEWSLETTERS OR MARKETING:
If, at any time, you prefer not to receive further communications from us in any or all forms you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by means of a link provided in every e-mail that is sent to you by us. When subscribing to Tom Oliver Group DMCC e-mail newsletters, you are given the opportunity to select which promotions, news, and information you would like to receive at the time of sign up, and you will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from such communications.
The security of your data is important to us: so, all the areas of our websites where you can actively input data use encryption systems such as SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to protect your data against being accessed by unauthorized third parties.
Tom Oliver Group DMCC has in place appropriate technological and operational security processes designed to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorized employees and contractors will have access to any data provided by you, and that access is limited by need. Each employee or contractor having access to any personally-identifiable information is obligated to maintain its confidentiality. Although we take steps that are generally accepted as industry standard to protect your personally-identifiable information, Tom Oliver Group DMCC cannot guarantee that your personally-identifiable information will not become accessible to unauthorized persons and Tom Oliver Group DMCC cannot be responsible for any actions resulting from a breach of security when information is supplied over the internet or any public computer network.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES OR THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS:
This website may contain links to other Web sites not operated by Tom Oliver Group DMCC .
Tom Oliver Group DMCC is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any non-Tom Oliver Group DMCC web sites to which we link from the Site. We are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting other websites and sites not governed by our Privacy Statement. We cannot control the content or security of such websites. We cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage incurred by a user as a result of visiting such websites. No links are intended to be, nor should be construed as, an endorsement of any kind by us of that other website.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAW
TOG complies with all applicable privacy laws and regulations. BCG may be compelled to surrender personal user or customer information to legal authorities if presented with a court subpoena or similar legal or administrative order, or as required or permitted by the laws, rules and regulations of any nation, state or other applicable jurisdiction. Also, in the event of a violation of the terms and conditions of use of the Site or a violation of any restrictions on use of materials provided in or through the Site, we may disclose personal user information to our affected business partners or legal authorities.
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, including but not limited to the GDPR, you have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and details of how we use that information. If any of the information held about you is incorrect or out of date, you have the right to amend or rectify it, please follow the process outlined below and we will amend our records where appropriate. You also have the right to require us to erase your personal data, stop processing your personal data, restricting the processing of your personal information, right of portability of your personal information and/or to withdraw your consent to processing. This may not apply if there are other legal justifications to continue processing. If you think we may have incorrect personal information, or would like a copy of the personal information we hold on you, or to exercise any other data protection right, please contact us. Please note that we need you to prove who you are before we can provide you with any information.
Tom Oliver Group DMCC understands the importance of protecting children's privacy, particularly in their online interactions. This Site is not designed for and does not intentionally target or solicit to children 18 years of age and younger.
USE OF TOG WEB SITES:
Your access to and use of the Site are subject to this Privacy Statement and certain other terms and conditions, contained in our Terms and Conditions of Use.
CHANGES TO STATEMENT:
We may occasionally modify or amend it from time to time. When we make changes to this Data Protection Statement we will update the revision data at the top of this Data Protection Statement. Where those changes are material, we will take steps to let you know. The new modified or amended Data Protection Statement will apply from that revision date. Please always verify whether you have consulted the last version of the Data Protection Statement.
Name: Tom Oliver Group DMCC
Address: Unit No 514
DMCC Business Centre
Level No 1
Jewellery & Gemplex 3
United Arab Emirates
Phone: +971 4 368 0878
Tom Oliver Group DMCC Certificate No: DMCC108751